Philadelphia Charter Schools
The votes took place amid an investigation into whether the district’s charter school policy is racially biased.
With COVID surge in Philly, educators call for temporary return to remote learning or stricter health protocols
After the death of a student to COVID-19 and amid a surge in cases, Philadelphia education leaders want to return to remote learning or implement tougher health protocols for schools.
The board voted 7-1 in favor of the popular Black-led charter school in South Philadelphia.
Almost a week before it’s scheduled to vote on closing a popular Black-led charter school, Philadelphia’s Board of Education hired local law firm to investigate allegations of racial bias in how charters schools are authorized
Universal Audenreid’s renewal comes with stiff stipulations in ‘surrender clause’
Philadelphia charter prides itself in educating students from some of the city’s most impoverished neighborhoods.
If you value Chalkbeat, consider making a donation
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn’t possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Wissahickon Charter School : First Grade Long-Term Substitute
- Wissahickon Charter School : Middle School Math & Science Apprentice Teachers
- Wissahickon Charter School : Sixth Grade Math & Science Teacher
- Wissahickon Charter School : Math Interventionist
- Department of Energy: Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program