WHYY podcast “Schooled” follows one class of students struggling to graduate from an alternative high school
The Education Law Center found that more academic supports are needed. It wants the Board of Ed to review the District’s policy, even though it was revised last year.
The District says it plans music and culinary programs.
Several states cracked down on cyber charters this school year, but Pennsylvania was not among them
Most big private employers pulled out many years ago. Schools, a potential base for neighborhood recovery, are seeing their budgets sliced dramatically.
La mayoría de los empleadores privados grandes se fueron hace años, y las escuelas, están viendo que sus fondos se acaban.
Results vary among providers. Most are falling short of performance targets, though.
If you value Chalkbeat, consider making a donation
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn’t possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Wissahickon Charter School : First Grade Long-Term Substitute
- Wissahickon Charter School : Middle School Math & Science Apprentice Teachers
- Wissahickon Charter School : Sixth Grade Math & Science Teacher
- Wissahickon Charter School : Math Interventionist
- Department of Energy: Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program