This article was originally published in The Notebook. In August 2020, The Notebook became Chalkbeat Philadelphia.
Picking up copies of the Notebook has gotten easier thanks to a new circulation method that the nonprofit has launched.
In an effort to increase access to the bi-monthly publication, the Notebook has contracted with mail delivery company CCN (formerly Center City News) to set up honor boxes throughout Philadelphia. The Notebook began working with CCN in August to streamline its distribution process and to better coordinate the number of sites at which the Notebook can be found.
In the beginning of October, the first Notebook honor box hit the streets. Now there are six such boxes throughout Philadelphia, each painted a forest green color.
To pick up the latest edition of the Notebook, visit one of these honor box sites:
- Temple University: corner of 13th and Montgomery Avenue
- Southwest corner of 30th and Market Streets
- Olney Transportation Center, 5600 North Broad St.
- Children’s Hospital, 34th and Spruce Streets
- Philadelphia Inquirer building, 801 Market St.
- Philadelphia Zoo, outside the front entrance
You can also find the Notebook at 750 distribution sites throughout the city, including the United Way, Free Library of Philadelphia, and every District and charter school.