This article was originally published in The Notebook. In August 2020, The Notebook became Chalkbeat Philadelphia.
- The 2007 "costing-out" study is used to determine each district’s need.
- Extra funds are awarded for students in poverty and English language learners.
- Funds are allocated based on each district’s spending shortfall or "adequacy gap."
- Many of the neediest districts get double-digit percentage increases.
- Districts must develop accountability plans to moniter the use of new funds.
- The state pledges to meet funding adequacy targets by 2013.